Armed~Outlawz
What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC Ao10
Don't have an account? Join us to day, Everyone's welcome and we're always recruiting new members.
Armed~Outlawz
What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC Ao10
Don't have an account? Join us to day, Everyone's welcome and we're always recruiting new members.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterContactA~O gearLog in

What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ReaI_Madrid_Fan
ReaI_Madrid_Fan

What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC Modera10

What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC Empty
PostSubject: What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC   What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Hey guys, just a small How-To on some good steps to follow the first day you get your new computer or laptop to help protect it better and keep it running longer and fast. These are in no order...

Change Your Web Browser

First off...Don't use Internet Explorer. It is highly used by the computer population and receives viruses more often. This is even a good tip for those that have already had a computer for some time. As soon as I changed my browser you could instantly notice how much faster it was. The two browsers I recommend are Firefox and Opera. I use both of these, which isn't the best thing to do, for different things and they both run extremely fast.

Firefox Download: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/

Opera Download: http://www.opera.com/download/

Virus Protection

Always good to have virus protection while searching the web. Avast is one the best anti-viruses in the world and it completely...FREE!

Avast Free Download: http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10019223.html

Computer Login Password

I am referring to the password you use to login to your computer account.

It is required to have one, but you shouldn't use some simple password. Here are a few tips to making a secure login password:

- Don't use real words, but more of letters ( ex. No ---> Hello Yes ---> Twwpf )

- Use capital letters in your password. ( ex. No ---> twwpf No ---> TWWPF Yes ---> TWwPf ) This is good because passwords are case sensitive.

- Use numbers that you will remember.

- Use symbols. ( ex. $$$ &!# %&$^ etc.... )

- Use underscores and dashes ( ex. ___ or --- )

Don't ask where Twwpf came from, I was randomly typing letters and that is what I ended up typing, lol.

Bad Password ---> Hello1
Good Password ---> TWwPf_274-%@^

Disk Defragmentor

This tool is a good way to keep your files clean and to get rid of any unused or unneeded files and the best thing is that it comes with the computer! Lol.

Steps:

Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Disk Defragmentor

When you open disk defragmentor you should see something that says " Modify Schedule ". Click that. Now it has three options...How Often, What Day, and What Time. I recommend setting it to...

How Often: Monthly
What Day: Last day
What Time: 12:00 PM (noon)

Desktop Wallpaper

Believe it or not, desktop wallpapers can contain viruses that can slow down, harm your computer, and take information. This doesn't happen normally, but the desktop wallpaper isn't a big deal anyways. Also having a blank solid color will speed up load times.

That's my tips for keeping your computer, clean, protected, and fast.

Hope it helped!

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/SSchuman11
A~O luno87
A~O luno87

What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC Clanle12

PostSubject: Re: What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC   What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:26 pm

First i thought you wer spamming and was guna kick ur ass but then while reading I realised you are generally just doing it because u wanted to post something that might be useful to some people. It turns out that I am at this very moment looking for a virus protection package and I didnt really want to pay for one. Cheers for the link as that looks like it fits the bill.
Good work RMF.
Back to top Go down
ReaI_Madrid_Fan
ReaI_Madrid_Fan

PostSubject: Re: What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC   What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:40 pm

A~O luno87 wrote:
First i thought you wer spamming and was guna kick ur ass but then while reading I realised you are generally just doing it because u wanted to post something that might be useful to some people. It turns out that I am at this very moment looking for a virus protection package and I didnt really want to pay for one. Cheers for the link as that looks like it fits the bill.
Good work RMF.

You know it's weird. While I was making this thread I was thinking that people would take it as a joke by the title and whatnot.

And thanks!
Back to top Go down
lm_A_Camper
lm_A_Camper

PostSubject: Re: What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC   What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:57 pm

He's right, avast is an awesome free antivirus. Internet explorer is a crappy browser to. I personally like google chrome or Firefox Cool

Great job ReaI_madrid_fan
Back to top Go down
https://armedoutlawz.forumotion.com
A~O luno87
A~O luno87

PostSubject: Re: What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC   What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:24 pm

yh firefox is what im running and i works much better than explorer.
Back to top Go down
ReaI_Madrid_Fan
ReaI_Madrid_Fan

PostSubject: Re: What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC   What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:02 pm

lm_A_Camper wrote:
He's right, avast is an awesome free antivirus. Internet explorer is a crappy browser to. I personally like google chrome or Firefox Cool

Great job ReaI_madrid_fan

Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
IaMxJP
IaMxJP

What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC Genofa12

PostSubject: Re: What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC   What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm

I hate IE! Its plain slow and virus-ish. I use AVG and Firefox.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DntFckWifJP?feature=mhee
adrenalingunk
adrenalingunk

What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC Comman10

PostSubject: Re: What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC   What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:20 pm

I use safari and firefox but I'm on mac
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC   What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What To Do ASAP When Buying A New Computer/Laptop PC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Armed~Outlawz :: Off Topic :: How-To-

Black Ops 2  Top 100 Clans :: Think your clan is the best? Prove it.  Call of Duty: Toplist  Top Clan Sites List  Top 100 Black Ops Clans  Battlefield 3 Top100  TOP100 MW3 CLANS

Armed Outlawz is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.